We hold the balance of all that we are feeling.
We hold the reality of “Here I am today”.
What can I do with this day? Just today.
Today, I can:
- Take time to rest in God — I can do this through prayer, mindfulness, walking in nature, reading inspirational writings and communing with others about how we are part of God’s creation.
- Say, “I belong here.” Here I am. God put me here, and I am at ease. We belong here.
- Do something creative — write an overdue letter (I have a few on my plate), draw a picture in your journal, paint something, knit, cook, etc.
- Exercise — walk, stretch, swim, jog, do yoga, golf…get physical.
- Address the practical — clean the house, do paperwork, pay the bills — see if you can do these things from a place of resting in God.
- Reach out to someone — see how they are doing.
- Find Joy — in the mundane, in the absurd, in the beauty and in each other.
Just for today.
When in doubt, follow the list.
Thinking of all of you with great love,
Blessed and Lee
(Jane Hart, Copyright 2020)